Fact about rebuplic day in india Every indian should know
Republic Day is celebrated on January 26 every year, in India.The country has been celebrating the rebuplic day on 26th of january since a long time but when it comes to knowing a certain facts about the country and about the rebuplic day ,most of us have no idea about them.
Here are some facts on the Republic day that you should know:
- The Constitution of India is the longest written Constitution all over the world (which cannot be read in a single day); it has incorporated “448 Articles in 22 Parts, 12 Schedules and 97 Amendments”.
- After we achieved Independence on August 15 in 1947,our leaders wanted january 26 to be remembered in history as well.Therefore,the day was made to coincide with the day of Swaraj.
- The first Republic Day was celebrated on january 26,1950 ,three years after we got independence.
- January 26,1930 was earlier celebrated as indias Independence Day or Purna Swaraj Day.Its the day India decided to fight for complete freedom.
- Indian Constitution is written by the Dr. Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar (Dr. B.R. Ambedkar). He is known as the father of Indian Constitution.
- The Constitution of India took around 2 years, 11 months and 18 days to be completed.
- The costitution of india came into legal transmission at 10:18AM on the 26th of january,1950.
- Two copies of the Indian Constitution were hand-written, one in English and one in Hindi.
- Before the Constitution came into force,India followed British Governments Government of India Act 1935.
- Republic day is chosen as the day to give away bravery awards to deserving candidates.The awards that are given away are Veer Chakra,Maha Veeer Chakra,Param Veer Chakra,Kirti Chakra and Ashoka Chakra.
- Republic Day celebration of India lasts after three days by singing the song ‘Abide by Me’ (it is a most popular tune and favourite of Mahatma Gandhi, a Christian hymn) during the Beating Retreat.
- The President addresses the Republic Day whereas the Prime Minister addresses the Independence Day.
- Republic day celebrations remain incomplete untill the armed forces signs of their defensive power during parades.Various battalions and protective technologies are exhibited while th Air Forces fill the sky with tri colors of the national flag during the Republic Day Parade.